Ask Your Question

Where do I put custom KLL code?

asked 2018-04-15 06:44:03 -0500

mjin03 gravatar image

I have a Whitefox and I want to make/add the following line: U"Shift" + U"Esc" : U"Tilde";

However, I can't figure out how to do this as I do not know where to put this code. From reading the github wiki.I know I need to put the code somewhere and compile/build it. I don't understand some concept. Do I need to build a Teensy or bootloader? What do I upload onto my keyboard?

I have contacted support but they said they could only help me with the Kiibohd Configurator. Didn't have much luck with the IC discord either. At this point any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-04-17 02:21:19 -0500

HaaTa gravatar image
input.club

If compiling the firmware yourself, you can follow this guide for the high-level details: https://github.com/kiibohd/controller...

I also believe the Kiibohd Configurator also supports entering some custom KLL, though it's quite limited at the moment.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

Hi, thanks for trying to help me out but you just posted pretty much the exact same link as I did for the kiibohd controller... where I mentioned the documentation was a little confusing.

mjin03 gravatar imagemjin03 ( 2018-04-24 06:17:35 -0500 )edit

answered 2018-04-24 22:20:47 -0500

keybeejeebee gravatar image

In the configurator, there is a button that looks like < >. You can enter custom kll snippets there. I believe it's per layer, so select the layer you want the custom functionality on before entering the code.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2018-04-15 06:44:03 -0500

Seen: 218 times

Last updated: Apr 24